OUTSIDERS Baseball fields baseball teams for athletes 10-17 years of age who desire to improve their skills and compete at a high level. Each July/August, tryouts are held for all age groups, and selections are made for the upcoming season/year. OUTSIDERS team rosters are filled with skilled and coachable athletes. Older players (ages 14-18) typically train year round.
OUTSIDERS baseball teams are known for the following characteristics:
- Developing a teamwork first attitude
- Focusing on the player development process
- Valuing practice time
- Training hard and smart
- Competing with the best teams in the country
- Preparing student-athletes for high school baseball, college baseball and beyond
If you are looking for the best option in team and player development, look no further than OUTSIDERS Baseball. For more information on our baseball teams, please visit our OUTSIDERS team tryout info pages.
Is making a OUTSIDERS Baseball team a good fit for you?
Expectations from OUTSIDERS Baseball:
- If you or your ballplayer possesses a “win at all costs” mentality, then OUTSIDERS Baseball is not a good fit for you. We feel learning to practice hard, to play the game the right way, to work as a team, to compete with other high caliber players, to train safely, and to deal with failures on the field are more important objectives than winning at all costs.
- If you think your player will play every inning of every game, then OUTSIDERS Baseball is not a good fit for you. We believe that the entire roster should be used for a variety of reasons.
- Players cannot play for another travel team while being a member of an OUTSIDERS Baseball team. Not for a game, not for just one tournament, not at all. Rare exceptions must be approved in advance by Jim Nohos.
- OUTSIDERS Baseball will commit to selected players for the entire year and we expect our players to do the same. In other words, with the exception of injury or other extenuating circumstances, we do not replace our players midseason with other players.
- As an organization, we expect the coaches to do the coaching and the parents to parent in supportive and positive ways.
- As an organization, we expect parents to support all players and represent the OUTSIDERS Baseball family with class. We also expect all players to represent the OUTSIDERS Baseball family with class.
- Baseball teams within OUTSIDERS Baseball are highly competitive entities. Frequent competition with quality players on your own team is one key advantage of being part of the OUTSIDERS Baseball organization. Playing other high caliber teams, win or lose, is another tenet of our philosophy.
- As an organization, we think practice time is just as important as game/competition time.
- Before being allowed to practice or play this fall, a registration payment ($200) and medical waiver must be submitted for each OUTSIDERS player. Player fees will be collected throughout season as well.